ABOUT ROSE COFIELD
Rose Cofield has studied sculpture at New York University, New York, NY and received a grant for Apprenticeship at the The Johnson Atelier Technical Institute of Sculpture, Mercerville, NJ (USA). The Atelier Apprenticeship Program is designed to guide the student in the art of sculpture-casting through foundry work, classwork and work on their own art. During her apprenticeship at the Atelier, she assisted in conducting workshops with Atelier staff at both the International Sculpture Conferences in Toronto, Canada and Washington, DC. She also taught sculpture workshops through the South Carolina Arts Commission’s, Artist in Education program, conducting sculpture workshops in South Carolina schools and art organizations. She studied stone carving in Carrara, Italy at the Corsanini Studio.
Ms. Cofield 3D work has displayed her work at the Kershaw Fine Arts Center in Camden, SC, The Art League of Hilton Head Gallery, Hilton Head, SC, the St. John’s Museum of Art, Wilmington, NC, The Louise Gilbert Gallery, Statesville, NC, Florence Museum, Florence, SC , Havens Gallery, Columbia, SC , and the International Oasis Gallery in Savannah, GA (USA) Her work is in private collections throughout the Southeast USA. Her work can be seen at La Petite Gallerie, Bluffton, South Carolina.
- For the 2017-2018 Concert Season, three of her pieces have been selected for inclusion in the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra Concert Program.
- Ms Cofield piece was accepted in the 125th Annual Open Exhibition of the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club (2018) at the National Arts Club, New York, NY.
- 311 Gallery’s 2018 ABSTRACTS show, Raleigh, NC
- The National Association of Women Artists online show “ABSTRACT: The Space Between” NAWA Gallery, New York, NY
- Town of Hilton Head Island, SC, Office of Cultural Affairs, Inaugural Opening of the Municipal Gallery. Town Hall Exhibit. My piece was included in this show which ran October 2018 – March 2019
- The National Association of Women Artists South Carolina Chapter Show – University of South Carolina Arts Center, Transparency & Light – April 1-30, 2019
- The National Association of Women Artists – 3D Sculpture and Wall Sculpture – NAWA Gallery, New York, NY – June 5-26, 2019
Maye River Gallery – Guest Artist – September 16-November 18, 2019 – Bluffton, SC
The National Association of Women Artists – Printmaking and Encaustic Painting Show – December 11, 2019-January 3, 2020 – NAWA Gallery, New York, NY
The National Association of Women Artists – “Some Like it Hot” Show online exhibition July 1 – August 25, 2020.
The National Association of Women Artists – SC Chapter- “From Earth to Sky” Exhibit at the Art League of Hilton Head, September 1 – September 25, 2020, Hilton Head Island, SC
The National Association of Women Artists – NY Chapter, 131st Annual Exhibition Online-September 1 – 18, 2020
Catherine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club – New York, NY – 1st Online Associate and Non-Member Show – October 1-December 31, 2020
The National Association of Women Artists – COLD. Online NAWA Gallery, January 4-March 31, 2021
The Art League of Hilton Head, Abstract x3, January 5-30, 2021
- National Association of Women Artists
- National Association of Women Artists- South Carolina Chapter
- Art League of Hilton Head, SC
- Society of Bluffton Artists
- “Wiedergeburt” Working with ETH, this concrete sculpture was made from recycled materials from ETH/Westbury, Port Wentworth, Georgia (USA). An environmental recycling company with plants in Germany and the United States. The sculpture was made from a combination of cement, splitstein (recycled fly ash a by product of electric power plants), roofing grandules, sand and water. The sculpture is permanently displayed at ETH headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
- South Carolina Arts Commissin, Artist in Education Site-Specific outdoor sculpture (student work) placed in a park setting, Main Street (Raney Park) in Georgetown, SC (USA). Under the guidance of Ms. Cofield, students constructed the sculpture from steel donated by Georgetown Steel.